Watch the video below to learn about the features and benefits of QFS Success Coaching.
Just click the video to start.
Here are some of the typical situations you might be facing today as a Quality and Food Safety professional:
- An incessant stream of issues prevents you from working on your annual targets in a structural manner.
- From time to time, you encounter problems which take a lot of time to research deeper and you wish you could just reach out to an expert to get the answer.
- You would like the shop floor workers just do their job well, it feels like you have the role of a police officer.
- There are too many meetings over the day, you struggle to get your real work done in a sound way.
- Your boss does not seem to take your contribution to quality and food safety really seriously, you have tried everything and still feel you are not gaining traction.
And there might be many other situations...
... the question is: how do you overcome these situations and what can you do to be truly successful in your job?
The QFS Success Coaching is a unique, 1-year program which will help you be successful as a quality and food safety professional. The approach consists of 5 steps as depicted in the diagram below.
Step 1 - Introduction Meeting
In the introduction meeting we will get to know each other, your organization, and your role in the organization. We will dive into details like:
- Your personal growth objectives. What is it that you would like to learn or to improve for yourself?
- Your personal and/or team targets. Often these targets are mentioned in your Departmental year plan and in your personal development plan. You decide which objectives you would like to focus on in the QFS Success Coaching Program
- Your challenges in influencing others, wether these are your peers, your manager or the shop floor workers. We help you to define these challenges in more detail during the introduction meeting.
- The typical issues you have in your work. There might be issues for you that are challenging to tackle and you would like to have advise how to change these situations, so it is becoming more of a natural way of working.
- And of course we will also explain the details of our system in the introduction meeting.
The introduction meeting will be scheduled within two weeks that you join the program. As soon as you start the program you will be requested to answer a list of questions in preparation for the introduction meeting, so you know what kind of questions you will get and this gives you time to think over what growth objectives and targets you would like to discuss with your coach on a quarterly basis. Once you have answered these questions, you will receive the link to schedule the introduction call with your coach.
Step 2 - Focus Items
During the introduction meeting we talked about your objectives, targets, issues and wishes. And you already pointed out what you would like to bring in the program. In step 2 we will align all of these and break them down into smaller focus items per quarter. You can’t work on everything at the same time.
By breaking down into smaller focus items you will see that you make quicker progress and you stay aligned with your timeline. The timing of your focus items needs to be realistic and pragmatic so that immediate value is added for you in your job.
Step 3 - Monthly Touch Points
Every month you will receive an online check in. This way we know how you are doing, what your progress is on your focus items, whether you are facing hurdles or a roadblock and if you need additional help. This will help you to stay on track and focused.
Step 4 - Quarterly Progress Meetings
Every quarter you will have a 1-hour meeting with your coach. During this meeting you will discuss your targets and growth objectives in your QFS Success Coaching Program, and we will discuss the following questions:
- What were the focus items of the last quarter?
- Did you perform all tasks that was needed to close the focus item?
- Are you happy with the outcome?
- What is the update of the current situation?
- What are the next set of focus items of the upcoming quarter?
Step 5 - Unlimited Coaching Calls
Anytime that you experience a hurdle, or a roadblock and it might have nothing to do with your focus items, and you would like to discuss this with your coach, you can directly schedule a zoom-meeting. Together with your coach you will look for options to take to handle the hurdle or roadblock. Your coach will give you advise and/or homework to help you further.
For example, you receive ongoing complaints of a customer and you would like to discuss these complaints with your coach. Everything you already did, didn’t give the outcome that would make the client happy. If you don’t take the right action the client might walk away and this cost your organization a lot of money and your management will be very angry with you, your team, etc. Why? Well, your management believes that complaints should be handled by the Quality Department and that you have a magic wand to solve everything. Sometimes it looks like it doesn’t matter what you do, the client keeps on complaining.
Working in a company might result in company blindness. To have a discussion with someone who has a helicopter view can help to see things in different aspects of the issue. Your coach can provide you with tools, articles and information to help you to solve the problem. This will be assigned to your Trello board.
“I have used QFS Success Coaching of Food Safety Experts for my entire QA team at DFI Food Sourcing. The results have been beyond expectation - I have seen my team grow in a matter of months. We have a much bigger impact as QA in the entire organization and as a result saved our company a lot of money. The personal attention through coaching sessions has made my team even better and goals are achieved together.”
“The fact that I can reach out to my coach at any point in time has been of tremendous value to me. I can bring any problem or question to my coach and get an answer that is pragmatic and realistic. This allows me to make improvements to any aspect of my job. It is a really great service!”